Liberty High School has helped thousands of adults earn their high school diploma at home during the past 25 years.
Adult students are successful at Liberty High School because they are able to use our home study, self-paced system that’s supported by qualified high school teachers. Liberty High School teachers are available to assist students every step along the way.
Liberty High School is approved by the Vermont State Board of Education using the same rigorous standards applied in the approval process of Vermont public high schools. According to the 2005-2006 findings of the Education State Rankings, a survey by Morgan Quitno Press, Vermont ranks number one.
A Liberty High School diploma is an acceptable document for admissions to most colleges and universities, colleges of technology and career schools, for induction into the U.S. Armed Forces, and for employment. Please understand, however, that no school can guarantee acceptance into any institution or employment. There are many other factors to consider over which we have no control.
Our contact information
By standard mail:
Liberty High School
11 University Way
Bratteboro, Vermont 05301
By phone: (800) 822-7271
Enrolling in Liberty High School‘s Diploma Program is as easy as choosing the right option for you, and submitting your information.
Here is what will happen after you submit your information and initial payment.
- If you choose to take your diploma program Online, you will receive your Liberty High School Welcome Packet by email along with a secure LOGIN ID and PASSWORD within 24 hours of enrolling online. You can start the first two courses of your program as soon as you have your login ID and password. The courses are Reading and Consumer Math. If you choose to take your diploma program through the mail by selecting the Print-Based option, you will receive your Liberty High School Welcome Packet and your first two courses by standard mail.
- On the next business day after you have submitted your program selection and payment information either online or by standard mail, the Registrar’s Office will send you a Registration Packet by Express Mail for you to complete. The Registration Packet contains a copy of the Enrollment Agreement, a Release of Information Authorization so the Registrar can get your previous high school transcripts, and a Diploma Name Form so your diploma will have your name imprinted exactly as you wish. You will also receive information on how to contact your academic advisor. If you wish to complete all the Registration Forms now instead of waiting for them to be mailed, and you have access to a printer, click here.
- On the day we receive your Release of Information Authorization, we will contact your previous high school or high schools by mail to request an official transcript of your high school records. You will receive credit for all courses you passed in your previous high school(s) except for Physical Education, Driver’s Training, Chorus, Band or R.O.T.C.
- Transcript information from your previous high school(s) is reviewed and verified by the Registrar’s Office once received, and the Registrar develops your curriculum.
Terms and Conditions
- Liberty High School agrees to provide the student named in this agreement with all the materials, both online and in textbook format, needed to complete a high school education in accordance with its approval by the Vermont State Board of Education, supplemented by study guides especially developed for home study use.
- The student will be given all the necessary login and password information, and faculty phone numbers and email addresses in order to access faculty and staff. The tuition covers registration, instruction, all text materials, consulting privileges, and postage on all material sent to the student.
- Students must complete 20 academic units successfully to receive a High School Diploma from Liberty High School. The 20 units will be a combined total of units earned from both your previous high school experience and the courses you complete successfully at Liberty High School. There is one unit per course.
- The minimum number of courses to be taken to earn a Liberty High School diploma is five. Liberty High School agrees to make an allowance for previous high school training except for Physical Education, Driver’s Training, Chorus, Band or R.O.T.C. If an official transcript is not available, the student must take at least 10 courses in order to earn a high school diploma from Liberty High School.
- Lessons will be delivered to the student in a manner so that they should be available in advance of the student’s rate of progress. Should the student need lessons at a faster pace, they will notify Liberty High School in writing, explaining the reasons required for more rapid service. All such requests will be reviewed by the Student Service Department.
- Liberty High School does not restrict the amount of time needed for a student to complete their program of study. However, if a student is on a payment plan, they must be current in their payments in order to receive their course materials on time
- Upon successful completion of all academic and financial requirements, a diploma from Liberty High School will be awarded to the student.
Liberty High School will refund your tuition according to the following refund policy. You may request cancellation in any manner, but written request is recommended. You may notify the school of your intent to cancel by mail, addressed to Liberty High School, 20 Technology Drive #5, Brattleboro, VT 05301
- If enrollment cancellation is requested within five (5) days of submitting the enrollment agreement, the school will issue a refund in full.
- If enrollment cancellation is requested after five (5) days of submitting the enrollment agreement, and before the school receives the first lesson assignment submitted for grading, Liberty is entitled to a registration fee of 20% of the total tuition or $200.00, whichever is less.
- If the school is notified of cancellation after five (5) days of submitting the enrollment agreement, and after one or more lesson assignments have been submitted to the school for grading, Liberty shall be entitled to a registration fee of 20% of the total tuition or $200.00, whichever is less, and to a charge which shall not exceed the following: (a) Up to and including completion of the first 10% of the program, the student will be obligated to Liberty for 10% of the tuition minus the amount of the registration fee. (b) When cancelled after completion of more than 10% and up to and including 25% of the program, the student will be obligated to Liberty for 25% of the tuition minus the amount of the registration fee. (c) When cancelled after completion of more than 25% and up to and including 50% of the program, the student will be obligated to Liberty for 50% of the tuition minus the amount of the registration fee. (d) When cancelled after completion of more than 50% of the program, the student will be obligated to Liberty for the full tuition cost of the program.
- A student enrolled in the high school diploma program has two (2) years from the original date of acceptance to complete his or her program. This contract will cease to be in effect after two years from the original date of acceptance. No requests for refunds will be considered thereafter.
- This enrollment cancellation policy is based upon the total tuition cost of the program. The percent of the program completed shall be the coursework received by the student as compared to the total coursework to be sent by Liberty High School.